Express Entry Canada
What is Express Entry?
Express Entry is a system used to manage applications for Permanent Residency in Canada under the Federal Economic Immigration programs of:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program.
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program.
- The Canadian Experience Class.
The Canadian Provinces have also introduced programs associated with Express Entry, through their Provincial Nominee Programs. These programs open and close at various intervals and are dependant on the needs of the Canadian Province.
Candidates within Express Entry are ranked against each other according to points awarded through core attributes; additional points can be gained through a Provincial Nomination or Job offer (LMIA based). Total points available are 1200.
Canada Express Entry Steps –
- Fill out full profile Express Entry
- Register with job bank
- Express entry Pool
- Invitation to Apply
- Apply for Permanent Residency
- Language (English or French ability)
- Qualifying work Experience
- Spousal/ partner attributes, if applicable
- Canadian work/ study experience
- LMIA job offer or Provincial Nomination
- Candidates must submit a valid language test and an Educational Credential Assessment (if education is outside of Canada).
- Candidates without a LMIA job offer must also register with the ESDC Job Bank.
See the Summary of Points awarded
- Meeting minimum CRS points
- Having a valid LMIA job offer in Canada
- Being nominated by a Province
If invited, a candidate has 60 days to submit an online application for Permanent Residence. CIC will usually process this application within 6 months. Once an application is submitted, all information within a candidate’s profile is ‘locked’ and cannot be changed. Invited Candidates must still meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada’s Immigration Law.
Start your Application For Express Entry to Canada